Monday, June 15, 2009

Sears Tower and Michigan Avenue

Have I mentioned how much I love Chicago? The fourth day of our trip included a visit to the Sears Tower and shopping on Michigan Avenue. This day was also the day that we really experienced public transportation (with 4 kids - one being a toddler and a stroller). After watching the orchestra play (Angie's oldest was on a trip with the orchestra - one of the main reasons for us taking the trip to watch her play) at the Skydeck we went to the top. After spending a few hours at Sears Tower we headed out for a late lunch and then shopping on Michigan Avenue. We didn't go into many stores because Angie and her girls had tickets to see Blue Man! The girls and I parted ways with Angie and her girls after shopping at Hershey's, American Girl and Disney and we walked back to our hotel. Yes.....I said walked. It wasn't too bad and I preferred walking over attempting public transportation by myself, 2 kids, stroller and several bags from shopping!! When we got back to the hotel we ordered pizza, took a bath and played with our new American Girl dolls!!

Views from the top of Sears Tower
Madeleine playing with the orchestra
I love the architecture in big cities!
The girls first time at public transportation!
Subway
Filling her bucket with lots of chocolate!
My new favorite store! I walked in to this place planning on NOT buying a thing, but how could I resist Ava crying "baby, baby, my baby!" So we left with a set of Bitty Baby Twins and 2 outfits! They are really very nice dolls. Expensive, but nice. The girls drag them around the house with them all the time. Morgan took hers grocery shopping with us the other day. I actually have my eyes on an actual American Girl Doll for the older kids for Morgan (not a Bitty Baby). Her name is Chrissa and she is a swimmer! She even has a swimsuit, goggles, kick board, swim cap, etc. that can be bought for her!! Too much fun!!

We had another WONDERFUL day in Chicago! Tomorrow the Field Museum and our last day!

No comments: