On May 31 my friend Angie and I ventured out on a week long trip with our girls (2 of her girls and my 2 girls). We started out in St. Louis and finished up the week in Chicago. I will be posting throughout the next week pictures from our trip. I took way too many pictures to post all at once!
We arrived in St. Louis very late on May 31, around 11 pm. The girls all handled the trip well and surprisingly didn't fall asleep until shortly before we arrived at our hotel!! On Monday, the girls and I slept in while Angie had to get up to attend a training for work (another reason for the trip). We swam in the morning and then right before lunch Angie picked us all up and drove us to the City Museum. I have never in my life been in a museum like this. I really don't think it was much of a museum at all, but a very large indoor/outdoor playground for adults and children! Everything in it was constructed from recycled materials. We spent the entire afternoon playing, Ava slept a bit and I even went down a 5 story slide, which I think was constructed from old shoe chutes from a shoe factory???
We arrived in St. Louis very late on May 31, around 11 pm. The girls all handled the trip well and surprisingly didn't fall asleep until shortly before we arrived at our hotel!! On Monday, the girls and I slept in while Angie had to get up to attend a training for work (another reason for the trip). We swam in the morning and then right before lunch Angie picked us all up and drove us to the City Museum. I have never in my life been in a museum like this. I really don't think it was much of a museum at all, but a very large indoor/outdoor playground for adults and children! Everything in it was constructed from recycled materials. We spent the entire afternoon playing, Ava slept a bit and I even went down a 5 story slide, which I think was constructed from old shoe chutes from a shoe factory???
These are the shoe chutes - looking up at them.
Caves where the shoe chutes are located
Our little scuba diver friend in Art City. I thought this was an appropriate picture considering Morgan's love of swimming and the ocean!


Ava playing in the toddler play area. She had just woken up from a nap and still looks pretty tired!
Morgan creating a clay sculpture. Unfortunately, it didn't survive the trip home!
Ava was wiped out!!

Painting at Art City

I loved this green door! I think I might do something with it in photoshop!

Ava in the ball pit outside!
Ava wasn't too happy in this picture. This was before her nap and it was time to get back into the stroller. While I was getting things organized she spilled an entire cup of pop (for the second time of the day), but all over her!!


Ava was wiped out!!

Painting at Art City

I loved this green door! I think I might do something with it in photoshop!

Ava in the ball pit outside!
Ava wasn't too happy in this picture. This was before her nap and it was time to get back into the stroller. While I was getting things organized she spilled an entire cup of pop (for the second time of the day), but all over her!!

The big kids climbed into and through all of these tunnels
Do you remember these when we were kids??


Do you remember these when we were kids??


This part of the museum actually looked like a museum!

Tubes to crawl through


Tubes to crawl through
Another tube to slide down
Exhausted!

Exhausted!
The three big girls in another tunnel - this one went overhead, but there were some that went underground too!







The City Museum was a blast! I highly recommend everyone checking it out! This is a place we will go back to again, especially when Ava is a little bit older and can do more things! After we left the City Museum we headed out toward the Arch. Before going to the Arch we had supper at a restaurant on Laclede's Landing. As we were walking to the restaurant, Morgan tripped and fell on the cobblestone street and twisted her ankle. I thought we were done for the night, but after the nice waiters and waitresses gave her a little attention and an ice pack we were able to continue our adventure to the Arch!



No comments:
Post a Comment