Sunday, June 28, 2009

Oklahoma Aquarium

Dana and I recently took the girls to the Oklahoma Aquarium for a weekend mini vacation. It was a short drive that we will have to make more often. It takes about 3 1/2 -4 hours to get to Tulsa, which I didn't think was too bad after all the driving we did to get to and from Chicago a few short weeks ago!! We arrived on Saturday around lunchtime and ate at a yummy BBQ place. After lunch we spent the afternoon walking in downtown Jenks going through their numerous antique stores. I found some great stuff that I couldn't leave without. I hope to post pictures of my vintage finds later! After a long, hot day of shopping and supper we spent the evening relaxing in our hotel room. Sunday we checked out of our hotel and spent several hours at the aquarium. What a neat place to visit. It wasn't as big as the Shedd Aquarium, but they are continuing to add exhibits and had some cool animal interaction exhibits set up! The girls got to feed the turtles and had a blast petting the stingrays! If you ask Morgan what her favorite part of the weekend was she will tell you it was petting the stingrays!! After we left the aquarium we headed to downtown Tulsa to check out a couple of their shopping centers. It was hot and we were all ready to head home so we didn't stay long. We did stop by Pottery Barn where I fell in love with a lot of things I think I need to have!!! I left empty handed, but have my eyes on some furniture that may make their way into my home someday!!




Our stingray friend that we spent a lot of time petting and playing with!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nikki! It looks like everyone had a great time-that is a great family picture too! So, are you planning on coming down to Wichita anytime this summer? If so, please call so we can see you and the kiddos! Only 5.5 more weeks (not that i am counting - ha) before the little one arrives! Hope you are doing well and will talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Oops I forgot to say who that comment was from- :) Rebecca