Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Field Museum

Our last day in Chicago was spent at the Field Museum and then driving to my brother's house in Iowa. We were suppose to be at the Field Museum around 10 or 10:30 to watch the orchestra play again, but this was quite a challenge since we also had to pack everyone up and check out of our hotel. Angie dropped us off at the doors so I could run in quick and get pictures. We made it just in time for the last few seconds of the song they were playing! The Field Museum was not my favorite place we visited in Chicago, but did have some interesting parts to it. We didn't pay to see the Pirate exhibit, but I think it would have been cool! There were lots of "dead" animals and an Underground exhibit that the kids enjoyed. After the museum we really wanted to go to the beach and play in the sand, but parking was hard to find and cost too much money to play for a few minutes so we decided to head out. The bad thing is that we left Chicago around 3 pm on a Friday! Getting out of that place was a nightmare! I am so glad Angie drove, but wouldn't have wanted to be her at all! Our 4 hour drive ended up being something like 8 hours once we sat in Chicago traffic forever and then had to pull over and clean Ava up after throwing up (while stuck in traffic!). Really....that was the worse thing that happened during the whole trip and we were able to get things under control and keep moving! We arrived at my brother's probably around 10:30 that night and let the girls settle in. After a yummy breakfast at Jamie's the next morning we headed home for Kansas! Definitely a trip worth taking AND doing it again!


Another one of my favorites at the Field Museum - an area for little kids to play. Ava liked the music room where she could play different instruments and dance!

Picking corn....

An Egyptian child's bed.....doesn't look very comfortable to me!

We had to go through a "shrinking" process before we could go underground. This made us smaller than the bugs and worms underground! Pretty cool!



The rest stop where we finally pulled over to clean Ava up! I think we had been in the car for
1-2 hours at this point! Next time......drive at night! She normally doesn't get car sick, but it must have been all the starting and stopping and turns!! Oh well....we are use to it with Morgan!

And here she is feeling fine and clean in her PJs!!!


I have to say that I absolutely had a WONDERFUL time! I was a little worried in the beginning, but all the girls did great AND had fun! It was truly a vacation to remember AND do again! I think I finally have Dana convinced that we need to start taking the girls places. Morgan is old enough to remember them now and Ava is old enough that she travels well! Our next trip this summer will be a short trip to Tulsa, OK. We are going to the aquarium, antique shops, Route 66 and maybe a local winery if we have time!! YEAH FOR SUMMER!

No comments: