A couple weeks ago Dana and I took the girls to the lake for the day. This was our first trip actually playing at the beach and swimming in the lake. I'm not sure why we hadn't done this sooner because we all had a blast! For those of you that know me well, you know that I am drawn to water. I love beaches, rivers, lakes and especially oceans. The water is my "happy place", which must have rubbed off on Morgan a little since she has such a love for swimming. When I am near the water I get a little homesick and remember the times we spent swimming and tubing down the river and as I got older, boating on the Mississippi. We plan to make this trip again soon, as it is a short drive and definitely a day of fun for us all. We packed a picnic lunch, built a sand castle, swam in the lake and drove around the different areas of the park to scope out a favorite swimming beach the next time we visit!
No comments:
Post a Comment