Thursday, May 1, 2008

What Happens In Vegas........

.......goes on my blog!! So far I have had a fun and refreshing week in Vegas! For those of you that don't know, I arrived in Vegas, with a couple of my co-workers, on Monday for a conference. Well, of course it is Vegas so fun is happening at all areas of the day and night so we have been working and playing!!! From a sensory standpoint, Vegas is a little (ok, a lot) overstimulating for me------but there is an end to this stimulation tomorrow so I think I will be okay! There are a lot of lights, noise, people, smells & liquor!!!!!!! I am shocked at how people just carry their bottles of beer and big containers of Margaritas from casino to casino and there are Margarita stands "to go" on about every corner of the strip!!! And from a person that is "directionally challenged" once you get into a casino you have to ask for help to find your way out because they go on and on and on and you can't find the exit!!! We've decided that is how they keep you in to spend more money!!

Here is a view of the BEAUTIFUL Rockies from our plane!

We had to visit Paris while in Vegas! Saved me a lot of money from actually having to go :-)

The fountains at Bellagio was probably one of our favorite things to do! They play music and the fountains move to the music. Very cool!

Here is my friend Jeanette pretending to study her conference manual :-) Really she was getting some sun during the lunch break!

The view from our hotel.

Circus act from Circus Circus

I would have never thought that Vegas would have things for kids, but Circus Circus was pretty cool. We didn't go to the amusement park, but sure sounds cool!



Just one of the many interesting statues that can be found in Vegas!


The Stratosphere was cool. We did go up to one of the lounges and listened to music, but were not brave enough to ride any of the rides! My dad says it's pretty fun, but for some reason his sense of adventure is a little different than mine!!! :-) Plus, I didn't want to be sick for the rest of the night!

Flamingos from Flamingo Casino


Aquarium from inside Caesars'

I think this was called "Garden of the Gods" inside Caesars'

View of the strip from a walk bridge.


Angie and Jeanette!

Gondola rides inside The Venetian

Nikki and Jeanette! Sorry - this is the best picture that has been taken of me all week. I am always behind the camera!

More to come later.......we are going to New York New York & MGM today! Should be fun! And for those of you wondering if I have won any money -------- not even a single PENNY!!!! Maybe today will be my lucky day!

1 comment:

Jason and Rebecca said...

Oh my goodness Nikki---VEGAS?!?!? Were you guys really working? What a fun conference site!!! I haven't been there for a couple of years but I loved the Bellagio fountains too--I would love to stay at the hotel but I'm sure it is EXPENSIVE!!! Would love to catch up and hope you and the family have a happy reunion--I'm sure it was a long week! Take care and hope to chat soon!