Friday, May 2, 2008

More from Vegas!

This will be my last post from Vegas, as we are in meetings until 2:30 pm tomorrow and then catching our plane home! Boy am I ready. We have had so much fun, but my back decided to act up and with all the walking I have had about all I can handle. And after losing more money tonight I am ready to be home!!!! :-) :-) I guess we didn't come to make money so it really doesn't matter. There has been so much to see and so many new places to go. We also learned a lot of great information at the conference that hopefully we can bring back and apply at work! That is why we came, isn't it??? Today was a busy day at MGM, New York New York and other places I honestly can't remember now. The other girls are still out having fun. I couldn't walk anymore so came back to the hotel - gambled some more money away - grabbed some cheesecake - and now am watching LOST!! I thought I had missed it, but it doesn't come on TV here until 10:00! YEAH!



Here is one of the MGM lions. They have 38 lions that live on a ranch near Las Vegas and they rotate them out every 4 hours.


The Statue of Liberty at New York New York.




The New York skyline - pretty cool huh? We ate at a little New York deli inside the casino.

M & M World was another favorite of ours. It was 4 floors full of M & M merchandise.

We also shopped at the Coke Store. I bought a shirt made from recycled pop bottles. It was very soft and nicer than other plain cotton shirts I have bought. Just shows that recycling can be a good thing!!

Now, the question is.....would I ever come back to Vegas? Yeah, probably, but next time I will bring my family and enjoy some of the fun things for kids and NOT GAMBLE!!! OK, so I didn't lose that much, but boy a person sure can feel stupid just throwing their money away. Yes, it's entertainment and can be fun for awhile - but I could have bought a whole lot of M & Ms for the money I lost at the slots!!! :-) :-) I miss my kids (and Dana too) and am ready to be home!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey i want to go to las veges the m&ms store looks cool. no fare next time my mom should take me along.:) :(