I LOVE SNOW DAYS!!! But, I do not like the snow or COLD! Morgan LOVES snow and snow days and playing in the snow. That was the first thing she did this morning was play in the snow. The first words out of her mouth, before she was even out of bed, was "Is it a school day" and "Can I go outside?". How could I tell her no? Growing up in Northern Iowa I had my fill of the snow. I think Morgan should take every chance she can get in the snow because it doesn't happen often and doesn't last long. And what is it about Kansas cancelling schools when there is only 4 inches of snow??? When we were kids we had to be completely buried before they would cancel school in Iowa. And as a college student in Minnesota we prayed for snow days, but no luck. I remeber waking up to over 2 feet of snow and had to dig my car out so I could make it to class. Oh well, at least I didn't have to "walk 2 miles both ways in the middle of a blizzard with no shoes" like our poor parents had to. Boy they had it rough!! Lucky for our kids they have the luxury of snow boards, sleds, heavy coats, and of course snow boots!! Even with that Morgan wasn't out very long. She said it was "too cold". Instead she spent the morning perfecting her FORT that has been built in the middle of my living room. And boy is it fun! Of course she wants me to climb in with her and for some reason I just don't think I will fit! And even if I try something tells me that every blanket will be pulled off the couches as I crawl underneath.
Here is Morgan in her fort

And Ava crawling through the tunnel

And of course the beautiful snow that has accumulated on my front porch and Dana's truck! Iowa and Minnesota friends - what do you think? Enough to cancel school?


As Carl Reiner said "A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water."
However, if I am finding delight in the small things, I would have to say that the snow is beautiful and crisp and fresh & I get a day off to play with my kids - so friends, I say "BRING ON THE SNOW!"



2 comments:
Awesome blog Nikki! No, it's not enough snow for a snow day. Not even half of what we had. I did NOT have to walk to school barefoot, just uphill in the snow both ways! Love you....Dad
Hey Nikki, I love this blog---it is great to see Ava and Morgan!!! They have changed so much! Sorry I didn't get you called back last week--the good ol in-laws were in town. I will give you a call though this weekend! Thanks for letting me know about the blog and Jason agrees with you about Kansas and their snow days!! :) Rebecca
Post a Comment