For those that know me well you know that I am not much of a church going person. Recently, we started attending church. Yeah, we did it for the kids because we felt it was important for them to attend and get the formal teachings, as we did when we were little. However, what I have discovered is we all have something to learn. The sermon in church today was about cherishing the small things in life. Pastor compared a small town women on her first flight to a business man who was a frequent flier. The small town women enjoyed every moment of the flight, pointing out the smallest details - the small trees on the ground, the bag of pretzels and drink offered to her and the passengers sitting next to her. The business man, however, was annoyed by the women and was too busy to notice the beauty in flying. I would have to compare myself to the woman on the plane. I feel my eyes welling with tears freqently when something of beauty crosses my path. Of course my idea of beauty may be much different than yours. However, I can relate to the business man as well. It seems that the to dos of daily life get in the way of really noticing those things that are most important. I want so much to find time to enjoy the small things and JUST BE.......wouldn't we all be happier? There are many things that have made me smile today that I would like to share:
Morgan singing in the children's choir - "Do Lord" and "Moses Crossed the Red Sea"
Ava feeding herself yogurt and stuffing crackers into the yogurt container
Silly Super Bowl commercials!
Appetizers for supper - A family tradition for Super Bowl Sunday
Brownies & Rice Krispie Bars
Morgan making silly costumes out of a yoga mat
Ava seeing Daddy with a Rice Krispie bar and yelling "Hi, Tookie (cookie)"
Things I would like to spend more time enjoying as the days go on:
My photography
Playing with the kids
Being outside
As I watch my kids I am reminded of what it's like to be young. Kids find detail in the small things. They enjoy every moment. Maybe we all have something to learn from our kids. I challenge you to take time to cherish the small things.......
Happy Halloween!
7 hours ago



2 comments:
Hey Nik - Love your new "blog" - although I'm not very high tech so would call it a website :o) Your message about cherishing the small things was very well said!
Hope all is going well. Miss you guys! Take care!
Christi
Hi Nik, Dana, Morgan, and Ava,
I love your blog! What a neat way to keep in touch!
Love and miss you lots!
Lynne
Post a Comment