Monday, August 18, 2008

Back to School

Morgan went back to school one week ago, August 11. She is now a first grader! So far it has been a pretty good start to the school year. She got an awesome teacher who is young and seems to be energetic and loves kids! I am so excited and hoping we have a successful year. And the best thing about her teacher is she will have her for 2 years because the school Morgan goes to has looping - so she will be with the same kids and teacher for 1st/2nd and then a new teacher for 3rd/4th. It was a good week, but of course with kids (and worrisome parents) we had our issues too. Morgan has already come home saying some of the girls are mean to her or no one will play with her. Finally, I think we discovered that is isn't that that won't play with her, she just doesn't want to do what they are doing and they don't want to do what she is doing, so she chooses to play alone sometime. She has also been moved to the front row because she was complaining she couldn't see the board, so we have an eye appt scheduled for the first week in September. I guess everyone in our family has glasses, so why not her? She has also started back with physical therapy and added chiropractic. Upon re-evaluation it was determined she didn't have full range of motion in her legs and was also tight in her heel cords, hamstrings, hips, etc etc. The PT recommended the chiropractor see her, and x-rays showed she has a reverse curve in her neck - so we are doing PT and chiropractic 3x a week with exercises and equipment that we work on at home. I will have to take a picture of her wearing her attractive head weights. Swimming & Girl Scouts starts up again in a couple weeks, so we will be very busy with out therapy and extracurricular activities! Not much time to do anything else! So I guess it has been a good week, yet busy - and we are looking forward to the weeks to come.

First day of first grade

First day of Kindergarten


First day of preschool - Look at how little she was :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH Nikki!!! I just showed Jason the pics of Morgan and we can't believe how grown up our "little neighbor friend" is!!! We always loved our visits with her and unfortunatly we don't have a "Morgan" in our new neigborhood!! I can't believe how tall she is--she is so cute! Also, I'm so glad that she likes her teacher too! Love the pictures and take care! :) Rebecca