I have wished and wished that as Morgan grew I had kept track of all the funny things she said as a toddler and preschooler. There's not much I can do about it now, except to keep track of Ava's funny sayings as she grows and start with the funny things I remember about Morgan and go from this point forward! There are a few things that stick in my mind clearly that I would like to share. Some things she still uses to this day:
Rusty nose (runny nose)
Pieces and Parts (Reese's Pieces)
Gassies (diarrhea)
Todd's House (O'Reilly's Auto Parts Store)
And tonight she was being silly and making up a funny rhyme: "Snitch, snatch, *itch, batch". Of course I laughed at her and reminded her that *itch probably isn't a word she should be using because it is a "naughty" word. And she then said "Oh sorry. But, isn't that what you can go into when there is a tornado?" OK....so how many of you are thinking real hard about this right now??? It took me about a minute and then I starting giggling and said "No, honey that is a ditch!"
She makes me laugh everyday! I need to do a better job of writing things down, but who has the time?? And Ava is starting to talk a lot and imitate a lot of words. It is so cute listening to her talk, because she doesn't say the words correctly, but we know what she means. Dana taught her how to say "money"!! Other words she says that I love right now:
Broki (broccoli)
Money
Pwetty (pretty)
Bubba (bunny)
Potty
Nice (because we are always telling her to be nice)
No No (see above)
Eat
Juice
Ni Ni (Night night)
Pillllllow (pillow)
Ock (sock)
Shooo (shoe)
SSSS (snake)
Hosie (Horse)
si (sit)
sis (Morgan)
Me-maw or Nemo (grandma)
Papa (grandpa)
side (Slide)
whee (slide)
pay (play)
And the list goes on and on!
Second Cut of Hay 2026, Part I
3 days ago



1 comment:
What a sweet post. Britton and I have commented many times that we wish we would have written down the funny things that Kaylen said as she was growing up. Once when my dad was in the hospital with a shattered hip and pelvis (Kay was 2 at the time,) she held up a stuffed octopus and said, "Igopiss, I*go*piss!" My poor dad, it hurt him so much to even breathe, let alone laugh, but it did everyone in the room good!
You just gave me the idea for a cute post! I hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea!! It has to do with Avery and a Jayhawk! Uggghhh!
Can't wait for Saturday boss!
Lisa
Post a Comment