Who knew that swimming was such a dangerous sport? OK - maybe not swimming, but the minutes leading up to getting into the pool can be a hazard. I dropped Morgan off at swimming and went to
Wal-Mart, as I sometimes do. It gives her some independence and gives me time to get some shopping done. About 15 minutes after dropping her off I got a call from her coach telling me she fell and busted her chin open. She said it stopped bleeding, but might need stitches. Being the good mother I am, I went through the checkout lane to buy my hot chocolate machine that we REALLY wanted, knowing it would cheer her up later!!! Seriously, don't judge, she wasn't bleeding anymore!!! So this is how it went down: she had her feet hanging in the water,
waiting for her coach to say it was time to get in and must have gotten bored waiting so she decided to go for a walk to "look at things". She walked up the bleacher stairs and her wet feet hit the concrete and SLIP flat on her stomach. Her coach asked if she was okay and she said yep and got right up. That's when they noticed all the blood. So they got it all cleaned up, but there is still a nice gash. She might need stitches - will wait to talk to the doctor tomorrow. For now the left over
steri-strips from Dana's last accident will do just fine. And....the lesson learned from this - Mommy has the rule of no walking and running around for a reason. Natural consequences? I think so!
No comments:
Post a Comment