Monday, December 15, 2008

Carriage Rides

Last week we took the girls on a carriage ride downtown. We tried to go last year, but the tickets were sold out within a half hour. This year I was determined that the girls (especially Morgan) wouldn't be disappointed. Carriage rides are only offered 1 day a week for about a month, during the holiday season. Tickets went on sale at 4:30 pm. We were the first ones in line at 4:20 - so no worries at all. It was a perfect night - the weather was nice and fairly warm and everyone was happy and healthy! Both girls had a blast, but Ava was sooo excited and giggled the whole way. We had about a 15 min ride up and down Main Street. I discovered that in addition to cats, rabbits, dogs, seasonal allergens, etc., I am also allergic to horses! Oh Well....it was still fun and a night the girls won't forget.

A very nice man (who was also videotaping us for something????) offered to take a family picture. If you haven't noticed I am almost NEVER in the pictures. There is a reason for that, but I guess I need to be in them once in awhile!

And after the carriage ride we had to take the girls to our locally owned candy store for a special treat! What a perfect night and another activity to add to our holiday traditions. Now I can't wait to take our yearly drive around town to look at Christmas lights before we hit the road to travel back home for the holidays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Nikki! I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas and have safe travels! Hope to see you soon! Tell the girls Merry Christmas for us too!

:) Rebecca