Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I love Halloween! It is one of my favorite holidays and in my opinion, rates right up there with Christmas! I usually put a lot of time and effort into decorating for Halloween and planning costumes for the girls, but this year was different. It's been hard for me to get into the Halloween mood not being in my own home. We didn't decorate this year and didn't even carve our pumpkins we bought a few weeks ago at the pumpkin patch! Morgan even had a couple rough days and I threatened to take Halloween away from her! Yes....you heard me! CrAzY!!! I know! Lucky for all of us we compromised and she was able to earn it back!! We have also been fighting colds around here and Ava missed a couple days of daycare. Luckily she was well enough to enjoy the fun today!

We started our day at Boo in the Zoo, then had some supper, did Trick or Treating at the Mall, enjoyed a Trunk or Treat and visited a couple sorority houses. Then we parked our car at home and hit our neighborhood. As usual we ended up with WAY to much candy and a terrible SUGAR HIGH!! Talk about cRaZy kids!! Overall it was a fun night and both girls did well. Ava caught on quickly and we had to chase her down because she was running off without us!!


And in case you needed a reminder there is only something like 54 days till Christmas! I am sure we won't be decorating much then either, but we will be spending 1 1/2 weeks in Iowa over the Holidays! Can't wait!!

No comments: