Sunday, February 8, 2009

Learning Photoshop

Many of you who know me well, know that I love to scrapbook! I also love photography. If had to choose one over the other I would have to choose photography in a heartbeat! Photography is my outlet, my stress reliever, my artistic side. Since Ava was born 2 years ago I have only scrapbooked a handful of times. Not nearly enough to stay caught up on all the photos I take. I just don't have the time or the space anymore. And when I drag out all of those beautiful, shiny, sparkly embellishments and beautiful pattern papers, Morgan wants to join me. I don't mind having her work with me, but what happens is I end up with about a foot of space from our 5 foot table and she has the rest! Because I consider myself a photographer (amateur) I decided it was time to learn Photoshop and because I am a scrapbooker I decided I could kill 2 birds with one stone! So tonight I took the leap! I joined a class by Jessica Sprague called "Up and Running with Photoshop" to teach me how to scrapbook digitally and in the process learn how to use all that Photoshop has to offer. I have played with Photoshop before only to become overwhelmed with all its complicated tools, layers, filters, etc. etc., so have not stayed with it. This step by step class is exactly what I needed. I have completed my first lesson/layout and am happy with what I have learned. It was pretty basic, but with each lesson I will learn more. I am excited to dive in to this class and hopefully come out knowing more about digital scrapbooking and be able to apply my new knowledge to my photography!



No comments: