Friday, October 24, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

The girls and I carved our pumpkin a couple days ago. Morgan has always enjoyed scooping out the pumpkin and playing in the seeds. She could spend hours playing in the seeds and goo. Ava wasn't so sure about this, and actually only stuck her hands in the pumpkin a couple times before saying "gucky"!!



We only had our pumpkin for a few short days. Unfortunately, our neighborhood is prime for pumpkin thieves! I should have known better, but put it in what I thought was an inconspicuous spot on our front porch. Guess I was wrong! I noticed today that it was gone, so it made it a whole 2 days before being taken. It's sad really. I remember the first year our pumpkins were taken, Morgan was only 2 or 3 and I actually cried a little. It was sad to have to tell her that her pumpkins she worked so hard to carve and decorate were taken. So from now on we will have to set up our beautiful fall display either inside or in our back yard so only we can enjoy! Have I mentioned before how badly I want a house in the country? This is just one of the many reasons why! Someday my friends, someday.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nikki,
Oh I remember when we were neighbors and our pumpkin was stolen too---such a bummer!

Hope you guys are doing well and we need to find a time to see each other----any time you guys are coming down to the Wichita area???

Also, you can come to our house now and be allergy-free my friend! That's right---no more Reggie---!!! We ended up having to give her back to the farm because of some things. It was sad to say good-bye--but it was time!
Hope you are doing well---talk to you soon!
Rebecca

Lisa said...

Seriously?! I sorta kinda believed you when you said that your pumpkins keep getting stolen. Morgan must have been devastated. I think Kaylen would absolutely freak out! This is horrible!! I can't believe they come all the way up on your porch! That's way too close for comfort!

I think you need a detective and I know just where to find one! (She wears a cape, has been known to make frequent complaints to the police dept., and has a lot of pent up anger at the injustices of life that she would gladly take out on some pumpkin stealin' jerk.)

Call me if you need me. I'll keep my cape on just in case!
Lisa