Sunday, December 27, 2009

Blizzard Fun!

We have lived in Kansas just over 10 years now. The snow we see in Kansas is nothing compared to the snow we see in Iowa. Very rarely do the girls have more than an inch or two of snow to play in during the winter. Every year when we go back to Iowa for Christmas we have to take our snow clothes with us to let the girls play. This year was the same, except we got a nice Blizzard in Iowa, which made it much more fun! And I guess we got snow in Kansas too, but only 6 inches compared to the 12-18 inches they got in Iowa! I am not a fan of the Iowa winters. To be honest, I could do completely without them. If it weren't for my family and friends being in Iowa I am pretty sure I would choose to move to a much warmer climate close to the beach! The girls (and Dana) had a blast playing in the snow though and if they are happy then so am I! As we were packing our clothes for our trip I mentioned to Morgan that she would get to play in the snow and maybe even build a fort. She asked, "What is a fort?" Poor girl didn't even know what a snow fort was! Well....she does now because her Daddy helped her build one! Actually, it started out as a cave and then fell in on top of her when they were trying to make it into a tunnel. After the cave-in it became a fort! I think Morgan and Dana played in the snow about 4 hours the first day we went out!


Who doesn't love being King of the Mountain?

King of the Mountain, building snowmen, snow caves & forts, making snow angels, eating icicles off the house, making snow cones, running in the snow the snow blower shoots out, making slides from big piles of snow, snow ball fights........what is your favorite activity to do in the snow? I think my girls like them all!

No comments: