Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Alcatrez

I arrived in San Francisco on Saturday to attend a Pediatric Nutrition conference. One of the places I wanted to see while here was Alcatrez. On Sunday, I had the chance to ride the ferry on the bay and take a tour! It was a pretty cool place to visit with lots of history. It was a self guided tour. When you arrive they give you a headset that has an audio tour of the building. I especially liked the ferry ride and taking pictures of the old rustic buildings!




I haven't done a whole lot since arriving, but plan to go to Fisherman's Wharf tomorrow. Hopefully, I will have more pictures to post later. I've basically been relaxing, which is always welcome!! Today, I took a nice long walk along the bay and am absolutely in love with this city! I guess it's easy to love being near the water!

No comments: