Sunday, April 5, 2009

Memories

I absolutely love sunflowers! There is something about them that makes me want to smile. I think it's probably the massive amounts of beautiful yellow petals looking up toward the sun that can be seen for acres and acres, but I also enjoy a few freshly cut in my house to remind me of the warm inviting sun! The wild sunflowers that grow in Kansas are one of the first Kansas memories I have. I remember driving the 20 mile drive, through the country, to get to work at the first school I worked at and being mesmerized by the beautiful sunflowers. I even remember the day that one of my paras brought in a vase filled with sunflowers just for me! You can bet that as soon as I came across a sunflower field, my girls were in that field getting their pictures taken. For those of you that know me....you know that I pretty much never pay to have a professional photographer take pictures for me. Even when Morgan was little and I had a cheap little digital camera that was maybe 2 mega pixels!! I take advantage of natural backdrops any chance I get! The pictures below are of Morgan in 2003 - around 18-19 months and of Ava in 2008 - the same age. You can see the quality of the photos have improved!


I am ready to see those big beautiful flowers show their sunny faces once again! Winter just can't seem to get the hint that she isn't wanted anymore! :-)

No comments: